In British Columbia, the All Dressed in White Bridal Show was a 40-booth Wedding Show held at Meadow Gardens Golf Club in Pitt Meadows. The event received pre-approval from the three local authorities needed to proceed: Fraser Health, WorkSafeBC and the City of Pitt Meadows. The successful proposal they submitted mirrored, and/or exceeded the protocols established for Retail and Restaurant Industry.
In Nova Scotia, Christmas at the Forum was an 100-booth craft show in the Forum’s Multi-Purpose room in Halifax. This event also received pre-approval from the necessary authorities: Public Health and the Office of the Fire Marshall. Nova Scotia has its own set of unique event limitations, in part requiring 6 feet of space between booths with 8-foot high drape side wall, because of the porous nature of drape fabric. For this reason, the CATF team enlisted Global to help find a solution.
Our team sourced and sought approval for the use of non-porous 8-foot high clear vinyl to be used for booth side walls, instead of the traditional drape. This eliminated the requirement for the 6 feet of space between booths, allowing the CATF team to maximize their floor space and sell more booths.
The following protocols, products and services were implemented to make both events a success:
- Proper PPE usage at all times during the shows
- Scheduled attendee time slots to maintain proper social distancing
- Contact tracing and temperature checks taken for all attendees and exhibitors
Global’s product and service solutions:
- Directional floor plan design
- Directional and social distancing floor decal production
- Full height drape booth configuration (with drape or non-porous clear vinyl side walls)
- Plexiglass barrier solutions for exhibitors and at registration
We hope this will inspire all event producers to look at their own event to see if it can be accomplished safely and responsibly. We encourage those in the industry to reach out to us for more information on these events, and to let us know how we can assist in the planning and execution of their own events.
See you on the show floor!